Friday, May 13, 2016

Call assignment : Introduction of myself and Answers for some questions

:: About Me ::


Hello everyone ~
Welcome to my blog ^^
 
I’m Hyeseoun, Jang and studying English education in Hanyang Tesol Program. After finishing the course, I am going to teach children and students English.

My hobby is cooking and favorite food is sushi. My favorite color is purple but I don't like black. The best movie I've ever seen is "Notting Hill". I like positive spirits but hate negative thinking. The famous saying I like is "It ain't over till it's over." by Yogi Berra.
 
My family members are a husband and my daughter. My daughter is so cute and lovely, but sometime she makes me crazy because she is just 4 years old and so egocentric, and always asks me to play with her all day long. 
 

:: Answers for some questions ::

 

What experiences do you have using technology in general? 

My life is full of using technology like ordinary people. I ususally use smartphone, computer, home electronic appliances and transportation. When I get information and interact with people, I use smartphone and computer. When I do housework, I usually use washing machine, vacuum cleaner, oven and so on. When I move to somewhere, I use a car or subway. I can’t imagine how life works without technology.
 

What are some frustrations that you have when using technology?

When technology doesn’t work, our life also doesn’t work well. One day, I threw into my smartphone in the toilet. I had to get it repaired at service center for a half day. At that time, I felt frustrated that my life was boring and I felt stuffy without smartphone just for a while. I'm also frustrated when internet is not connected suddenly while using online banking.
 

How does technology make your life better?

Technology makes my life easier, faster and more interesting. When I want to eat out for special food, I can get famous restaurants from the internet. When I use free lecture through youtube for getting skills and knowledge, I don’t need expensive tuition, specific time, and moving. I can travel for every countury I want to go by the development of transportation like car, subway and airplane.  Because of the development of technology, we can get more information easily and have more abilities than before.

Have you used technology as a learner or teacher?

Yes, I have. As a learner, I used youtube to listen free lecture and DVD to watch English movie and CD or tape player to study listening test. I also used various kinds of software like microsoft word, power point and PDF when I read or write English.
 
When I was teaching, I used talking-pen and uploaded video files through kakaotalk program. Talking pen is very useful for young learners’ learning language for listening stories by native speaker’s voice and recording of children's speaking. I also took videos which were students' speaking or reading in my smartphone and sent it to parents in kakaotalk program as a feedback.

Do you have any fear of using technology?

Yes, I have. Actually, I'm not good at using new technology. It takes me a long time to use new skills proficiently. So, as technology has been developed and new skill comes out, I feel difficult to adapt it. My life already mostly relies on using technology. Therefore, it is terrible for me to imagine that if technology doesn't work or the development of technology is so fast and then I can't catch it, my life may become uncomfortable.
 

What are your hopes for his class?

When I listen about the introduction of this class, I think it is fantastic! If I can produce and edit a video file by myself as a teaching method, not simple using it from youtube, I can handle in situation with unexpected problems of technology and use resources for learning English of my child and students without much cost. So I really hope I learn and use various kinds of techniques for making teaching resources from this class.
 

 






No comments:

Post a Comment